In what can be described as one of the worst tragedies in decades, I am going to devote this post on how organizations are using mobile texting to donate to Japan. As we have been discussing the use of mobile technology for fundraising purposes, this is a perfect time to check it out for yourself.
If you have never donated via text before, it’s pretty simple. By texting the select verbiage to the provided short code, an organization will bill the donation to your cell phone bill. Then once you pay your bill, the money goes to that organization. It only takes a moment to do.
Below is a list of the organizations that are collecting relief money and how one can get involved:
- American Red Cross. Text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- Convoy of Hope, Inc. Text TSUNAMI to 50555 to give $10.
- GlobalGiving. Text JAPAN to 50555 to give $10.
- World Relief Corp. of National Association of Evangelicals. Text WAVE to 50555 to give $10.
- The Salvation Army. Text JAPAN to 80888 to make a $10 donation.
- International Medical Corps. Text MED to 80888 to give $10.
- Mercy Corps. Text MERCY to 25383 to donate $10.
- Save the Children. Text JAPAN or TSUNAMI to 20222 to donate $10.
- World Vision. Text 4JAPAN or 4TSUNAMI to 20222 to donate $10.